Congratulations on your progress toward graduation!
As you complete your undergraduate education at Michigan, here are some important reminders:
- Obtain a copy of your unofficial transcript.
- Be familiar with the procedures and requirements for graduation – i.e., review the College Bulletin in effect at the time you were admitted to the College of Engineering; make it a point to review the 2.00 GPA overall requirement; the 2.00 GPA requirement in all courses taken within your program; and the 128 Credit Toward Program (CTP) requirement.
- Review your CoE Advising Report / Senior Audit with your Program Advisor; compare completion of degree requirements with your records; check for accuracy – i.e., make sure your elections for the current and future terms will completely satisfy your degree requirements by your proposed graduation date.
- Questions/concerns should be clarified immediately with your Program Advisor. Your Program Advisor(s) must approve any deviations from the published program that you select.
During your expected term of graduation at Michigan…
- “Apply for Graduation” on the Student Business Page of Wolverine Access.
- Every senior who has “applied for graduation” will be requested to complete the online Senior Survey. You will receive an email from the Executive Director of Student Affairs, during the expected term of graduation, regarding how and when to complete this survey.
- Degree senior audit is prepared. Early in the expected term of graduation verify with your Program Advisor(s) to ensure agreement and accuracy of your degree progress and those requirements left to complete – i.e. resolve problems such as missing grades, missing transfer credit. (A final senior audit must be done to graduate. This includes an audit for your CoE Major, Minor, Honors and/or Supplemental Studies. For students pursuing an LSA, Art, Music, and/or Social Work Minor, the release form must be received by the CoE Registrar, Room 145A Chrysler Center, before the end of the expected graduation term.
- Receipt of diploma and official transcript. Your diploma will be mailed to you within four months of the commencement date. You may obtain an official transcript by writing to the Transcript Office, 1210 LS&A Bldg., 500 S. State St. or going to the Student Services Offices located at B430LL Pierpont Commons on North Campus. Information on diplomas and transcripts may also be found at the Office of the Registrar website.
Graduation Application Deadlines
To assure your name will be in the Winter University-wide Commencement Program
December – October 13
To assure your name will be in the Spring Commencement Program
April/May – March 7
August – March 7
Dual, Multiple Dependent Degree Program (MDDP), Sequential Undergraduate/Graduate Study (SUGS)
You will need to “Apply for Graduation” for each degree being awarded.
If you have more questions regarding eligibility, please contact Betsy Dodge
by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734-647-7117.